I had a problem with a vending machine. How can I get a refund?
Refunds for the Snack and Beverage machines are provided by Food Services. We can be reached by phone at 956-4798 or by email at food@hawaii.edu.
Does Food Services or its vendors have jobs available for students?
When Food Services has positions available, we post our student employment opportunities on the Mānoa Career Center site.
I am looking for more information and/or hours for a vendor located in Campus Center or Student Housing. Why can't I find it on this site? Where can I find the information?
As of March 2008, Campus Center dining is administered by Student Affairs. For information regarding this location, please go to:
Campus Center
Where can I find information regarding meal plans?
Information on meal plans can be found on Sodexo's website (uhmdining.com/).
How do I become a Food Services vendor?
We receive numerous proposals from individuals and companies, representing a wide range of concepts. Unfortunately, the limited amount of space on campus requires us to be highly selective. We are looking for vendors with established businesses that have been recognized for their excellence, such as with a culinary award.

Interested vendors should send proposals to Food Services by email at food@hawaii.edu or by mail to:
Campus Services - Food Services
Attn: Food Services Manager
1951 East-West Road
Honolulu, Hawai'i 96822

Initial proposals should be no longer than one page. The proposal should contain your contact information, a description of your concept, a list of other locations, space requirements, utility requirements, and mention any industry recognition or awards received. Food Services retains proposals for up to three years and reviews them when an opening occurs.
My club/organization wants to serve/sell food for an event or fundraiser. What do we need to do?
Auxiliary Services' Food Services is charged with the contracting and sale of Food Services for the Mānoa Campus, excluding areas controlled by Student Affairs (Campus Center, Hemenway Hall, and Student Housing).

Any group or organization affiliated with the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa must receive permission from Food Services in order to serve/sell food items on campus, excluding areas controlled by Student Affairs. (Student Affairs controls approvals for their areas). This is a requirement because of the University's contractual agreements for food service with our various vendors. Requests should be emailed to food@hawaii.edu or directed to:
Campus Services - Food Services
Attn: Food Services Manager
1951 East-West Road
Honolulu, Hawai'i 96822

Food items approved for sale at fundraisers are generally limited to baked goods and prepackaged foods. Approval for food that requires refrigeration or heating and/or is deemed potentially hazardous by the State Department of Health is unlikely.

A Food Establishment or Temporary Food Establishment Permit is required to sell food in the State of Hawai'i. These permits can be obtained through the State Department of Health. Food Services will make preliminary approvals for fundraisers prior to receiving a copy of a Health permit, but requires a copy before final approval of food sale at the event.

Groups or organizations not affiliated with the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa may not sell food at fundraisers on campus.

The food fundraising project must not interfere with academic programs, campus functions, campus services, or existing contracts.

Please visit the Student Life and Development website and complete the Food Waiver Form: Request to Serve/Sell Food On-Campus. The following information should be included:
  • Purpose of event
  • Organization name
  • Date of request/date of event
  • Time of event
  • Location of event (please provide facility-use forms, if applicable)
  • Menu (for food safety, menus must be approved in advance by Food Services)
  • Method of sales (pre-sold tickets/day-of-event sale)
  • Contact name, email, and phone number
  • Alternate contact information
  • Copy of Food Establishment or Temporary Food Establishment Permit from the State Department of Health (required for final approval)

Food Services also provides fundraising opportunities for campus organizations: staffing concession booths at the Stan Sheriff Center or Les Murakami Stadium. For more information about how your group can earn money by working at the concession stands, please contact Sodexo at 808-956-2850 or UHFundraising@yahoo.com.
I am trying to get in touch with a campus vendor. Do you have a campus contact number for them?
The following vendors have provided a campus phone contact. You may want to visit the vendor in person if their number is not listed below.
Athletics Concessions (No Ticket Inquiries)
L&L Hawaiian Barbecue
Vending Machine Refunds
How does my organization advertise at Paradise Palms Café?

Posted Flyers
Posting flyers on windows, doors, walls and/or other surfaces is prohibited with the exception of information posted by Food Services to market and/or provide information regarding Paradise Palms.

Table Displays
Food Services provides free tabletop marketing opportunities at Paradise Palms Café to University of HawaiĘ»i at Mānoa CSOs (Chartered Student Organizations), RIOs (Registered Independent Organizations) and Campus Departments. Our policy is as follows:
  • If marketing an event, event must be open to entire UH Mānoa community. Announcements of events not open to all campus members will not be permitted.
  • Display period is one week maximum (Monday - Friday only). IMPORTANT: each organization/ department is allowed only one reservation per semester, unless space is available.
  • Reserve space by contacting Food Services at food@hawaii.edu. Please provide a contact name, phone number, and department. Space will only be confirmed once final draft of the insert flyer has been approved by Food Services.
  • Permission will be granted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
  • Each tabletop Lucite display stand holds paper or cardstock 4” wide by 6” high. Note: live or safe area is the top 4” w x 5” h. The bottom 4” x 1” is not seen.
    Table Display Template
  • Material should be one-sided only. The table display holders can be viewed from two sides; however, Food Services allows one side for CSOs/RIOs/Departments and reserves the use of the opposite side for Campus Services and its vendors.
  • There are approximately 80 table display holders distributed throughout Paradise Palms.
  • Advertisers are responsible for the placement of their materials in and removal from the display holders. The dining room opens at 7:00 am and closes at 6:00pm. All materials must be removed by Friday 6:00pm. No Campus-Services-related advertising should be taken out of or covered in the table display.
  • Any offensive or inappropriate content will be removed immediately.
  • Advertising organization and/or department will lose all future table tent privileges for violation of any of the above policies.

May I rent your facility for my special event?
Please complete a Paradise Palms Café Reservation Form here. We will respond to your inquiry within two business days.*

*Priority will be given to organizations and events that serve students in their academic success and enrichment of their college experience, and events that are for the benefit of the campus community.