- Home Page
- About Us
- Tuition & Fees
- Student Life
Tuition & Fees
2015 Cost of Program
|Application Fee of $125*
Application Fee is ONE TIME only. This fee is not included in the cost of program prices below. Payment for this fee must be submitted with your application.
|Intensive English Program (Fall/Spring) – 8 Weeks
Includes full time study of 20 hours per week, one Institutional TOEFL test, and end-of-term celebration. Program fees are included in the total.
|HELP in the Summer – 6 Weeks
Includes study, Institutional TOEFL (mid-July), and end-of-term celebration. Program fees are included in the total. No student visa required if only attending one summer session.
Registration fee ($50)*, UH ID/email fee ($50)*, Books/Materials fee ($125)*, Technology & Activities fee ($50). These fees are included in the cost of program prices listed above.
|Private Lessons for HELP Students**
Semi-private (2-4 students)
|Private Lessons for Non-HELP Students**
Semi-private (2-4 students)
- Fees with an asterisk (*) above are NON-Refundable in case of withdrawal.
- Health Insurance is required for all international students at UH. If you do not have your own from your country, you may buy it after you arrive. HELP plan costs $110 per month.
- The total education costs must be included with your completed application. (Fees are payable via check, credit card, wire transfer or money order payable to University of Hawaii at Manoa).
**About Private Lessons:
- The minimum length of a session is 1 hour.
- The Application/Program fee is non-refundable.
- Tuition fees are non-refundable.
- Lesson times may be rescheduled at no extra cost if adequate prior notice is given:
- If 24 hours’ notice is provided, the lesson may be rescheduled at no charge.
- If less than 24 hours’ notice is provided, the student will be charged in full for the missed session.
Tuition Payment Due Dates
|Academic Term||Payment Due Date|
|Fall 2, 2014||September 27, 2014|
|Spring 1, 2015||December 12, 2014|
|Spring 2, 2015||February 6, 2015|
|Summer 1, 2015||April 18, 2015|
|Summer 2, 2015||June 6, 2015|
|Fall 1, 2015||July 24, 2015|
|Fall 2, 2015||September 26, 2015|
HELP accepts the following payment methods:
- Checks – All checks are to be made out to the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Credit Card – Visa, Mastercard, or JCB. (Credit Card Authorization)
- Money Order – To be made payable to the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Wire Transfer – If you would like to use this option, please contact the Front Office.
If you have any questions about payment, please contact us.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. If a student cancels his/her registration within 72 hours of the registration being received, HELP will refund all fees, except for SEVIS fees or express mailing fees.
2. If a student’s visa is denied, all fees will be refunded, except for the SEVIS fees or express mailing fees.
3. If a student cancels/withdraws from class by the end of the second day of the session, s/he will receive a refund of 100% of tuition paid, except for registration fees, SEVIS fees, or express mailing fees.
4. If a student cancels/withdraws from class before the end of the fourth day of the session, s/he will receive a refund of 50% of tuition paid for that session. Thereafter, there will be no refund on the tuition for that session, but tuition paid for additional sessions will be fully refunded. Students may receive tuition refunds for future unused study terms by completing the Cancellation of Enrollment Form.
5. For students arriving late or students entering class in the middle of the term, the refund policy is in effect from the first day of the term, not from their first day of attendance.
6. Students who are absent from class for 10 consecutive days will have their enrollments cancelled on the 10th day of absence. These students will receive no refund for the current session, but may receive tuition refunds for future unused study terms by completing the Cancellation of Enrollment Form.
7. Students who take a Leave of Absence (LOA) for any reason during the term will not receive any refund of tuition paid for the LOA period.
8. If a student is dismissed from school for any reason, NO refund will be given for the term in session, but only for any future terms for which they may be registered. These students may receive tuition refunds for future unused study terms by completing the Cancellation of Enrollment Form. Any money to be refunded will be mailed to the students’ home address or to their study agent.
9. Students understand that if they register through study agents, they may have signed contracts with these agents that include cancellation penalties, no-refund policies, or home-country-refunds-only conditions. In all cases regarding agent-sent students, HELP will confirm the conditions of agent-student contracts with study agents before issuing any refunds.
10. There is NO refund of accommodations fees once the accommodations period begins, unless the school or accommodations provider/Homestay family violates accommodations service conditions.
Refunds are issued within 60 days of the receipt of the request.