Malama Pono | We are dedicated to providing and promoting a safe and secure campus, and serving our community with aloha.


Report a sexual assault here.

It is hard to know what to do, how to feel, or what your options are after a sexual assault. Please know that you are not alone.

Click here for to view the University of Hawaii Executive Policy EP 1.204: Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking

If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, here are some options*:

  1. Go to a safe place.
  2. Call the Sex Abuse Treatment Center (808-524-7273, a 24-hour hotline). They will send a counselor to meet you at the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children's Emergency Room at 1319 Punahou Street. All of their services are free and confidential. A medical examination is important because it can protect you from possible injuries, STDs, and pregnancy resulting from the assault.

    The Sex Abuse Treatment Center does not require you to report the assault to the police, but may be able to hold evidence should you decide to report at a later time. Advocates at the Sex Abuse Treatment Center can assist if you decide to report to the police at that time.
  3. Talk with an advocate or counselor who is trained to assist survivors about the emotional and physical impacts of sex assault. On campus, you can reach either the PAU Violence Program (808-956-8059) or Counseling and Student Development Center (808-956-7927) to talk to an advocate or trained counselor. Trained confidential advocates are also available through the Sex Abuse Treatment Center.
  4. You may report the assault to police (911) or UHM Department of Public Safety (UHM DPS) (808-956-6911). UHM DPS is available 24 hours a day; accessible to you whether you live on or off campus. Read UHM DPS’s Commitment to Survivors of Sexual Assault.
  5. Call a family member, friend, or campus counselor. UHM provides counseling services to students, Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. The Counseling & Student Development Center is located on-campus in Queen Lili'uokalani Center for Student Services Room 312. Residents in Student Housing may access these services through Counselors-in-Residence (CIRs) who also live in Student Housing. CIRs are also available for walk-in appointments from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM on weekdays, and after-hours emergency counseling on evenings, weekends, and holidays. CIRs may be reached by contacting your Resident Assistant (RA), the RA on-call, or a Resident Director (RD). For more information, visit the Counseling & Student Development Center.
  6. Preserve all physical evidence of the assault. If possible, avoid showering or brushing your teeth, and save all of the clothing you were wearing at the time or linens that were used. Place all garments in a paper (not plastic) bag.
  7. Write down as much as you can remember about the circumstances of the assault, including a description of the assailant.
  8. Get information about legal issues. You may contact the Sex Abuse Treatment Center (808-524-7273) or the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) Sexual Assault Hotline (1-800-656-HOPE).

*Information courtesy of the UHM PAU Violence Program and from the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN)

Click here for UH Mānoa's Sexual Assault Referral Flow Chart

Read UHM Department of Public Safety's Commitment to Survivors of Sexual Assault