Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: (808) 956-7934
Fax: (808) 956-3894
B.S., University of Hawaii, Manoa, Genetics and Molecular Biology, 1980; Ph.D., University of Rhode Island, Microbiology, 1995
Production and conversion of biomass into biofuels and bioproducts.
- Turano, B., Ogoshi, R., and Uehara, G., "Can Biofuels from Non-food Sources End the Food Versus Fuel Debate," Solicited paper for the Hawaii Energy Policy Forum, 2008.
- Turano, B., Ogoshi, R., and Uehara, G. "A Systems Approach for Transforming America's Agriculture and Economy from a Fossil to a Fiber-based Energy Future," USDA BEAD II Grand Challenge Paper Winner, 2008.
- Richard Ogoshi, John Yanagida, Scott Turn, Prabodh Illukpitiya, Goro Uehara, Brian Turano, James Brewbaker, James Carpenter, and Charles Kinoshita, "Biofuels and Crop Assessment Report," Prepared for Dole Foods and Castle and Cook, 2008
- Kinoshita, C., Uehara, G., Brewbaker, J., Carpenter, J., Ogoshi, R., Turano, B., Hashimoto, A. G., and Turn, S. "Biofuels Market Overview," 2006. Chen, C.C., Turano, B., Ruest, P.J., Hagel, M., Settleman, J., and Thomas, S.M. "Regulation of Rho and Rac Signalling to the Actin Cytoskeleton by Paxillin during Drosophila Development," Molecular and Cellular Biology, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 979-987, 2005.
- Turano, B. and Humphreys, T. "Quantitative Determination of Phosphorothioate-modified Oligodeoxyribonucleotide persistence, Biotechniques, Vol. No. 2, pp. 266-267, 19917,4.
- Turano, B, Pear, M. and Busath, D. "Gramicidin Channel Selectivity. Molecular Mechanics Calculations for Formamidinium, Guanidinium, and Acetamidinium." Biophysical Journal, Vol. 63, No. 1, pp. 152-161, 1992.
- Amad, R., Turano, B., Pear, M., and Busath, D. 1988. Gramicidin A Imine Ion Selectivity. Brown University. Providence, Rhode Island. Film.