Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: (808) 956-7909
Fax: (808) 956-3894
Ecology, yield and quality of food crops.
Ph.D., Horticulture and Crop Science, The Ohio State University, 2004; M.Sc., Horticulture, University of Hawaii, Manoa, 2000; B.Sc., Horticulture, University of Hawaii, Manoa, 1994
My research program is focused on understanding how crop yield and quality can be optimized in agricultural systems that reduce reliance on conventional chemical inputs and increase use of ecological farming practices.
- Radovich, T.J.K. 2017. Organic Farming. The Oxford Encyclopedia of Agriculture and the Environment (in press).
- Radovich, T.J.K.. 2017. Vegetable Biology and Classification. In: Handbook of Vegetables and Vegetable Processing, 2nd edition. Wiley-Blackwell, Iowa (in press).
- Chandrappa Gangaiah, Amjad A. Ahmad, Hue V. Nguyen, Koon-Hui Wang, and Theodore J.K. Radovich (senior author). 2017. Evaluating Three Invasive Algal Species as Local Organic Sources of Potassium (K) for Pak Choi (Brassica rapa, Chinensis group) Growth. HortScience 52: 436-440.
- Chandrappa Gangaiah, Amjad A. Ahmad, Hue V. Nguyen, and Theodore J.K. Radovich (senior author). 2016. A correlation of rapid Cardy meter sap test and ICP spectrometry of dry tissue for measuring potassium (K+) concentrations in pak choi (Brassica rapa Chinensis group). Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 47:2046-2052.
- Ahmad, A.A., T.J.K. Radovich, H.V. Nguyen, J. Uyeda, A. Arakaki, J. Cadby, R. Paull, J. Sugano and G. Teves. 2016. Use of Organic Fertilizers to Enhance Soil Fertility, Plant Growth, and Yield in a Tropical Environment. In: M.L. Larramendy and S. Soloneski, (eds.), Organic Fertilizers-From Basic Concepts to Applied Outcomes. Chapter 4, p: 85-108. http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs-wm/50720.pdf.
- Paudel, B., Chan, C., Halbrendt, J., Crow, S. E., Radovich, T. J. K., & Norton, G. (2016). Bioeconomic optimization of conservation agriculture production systems (CAPS) for smallholder tribal farmers in the hill region of Nepal. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 71(2), 103-117. doi:10.2489/jswc.71.2.103
- Amjad. A. Ahmad; Theodore J.K. Radovich, and Nguyen V. Hue. 2015. Effects of intercropping different legumes on growth of sweet corn (Zea mays). Journal of Crop Improvement, 29(3): 370-378.
- Krishnakumar, J., Yanagida, J. F., Anitha, V., Balakrishnan, R., & T.J.K. Radovich (senior author). 2015). Non-timber forest products certification and management: a socioeconomic study among the Kadars in Kerala, India. Environment Development and Sustainability, 17(4), 837-858.
- Amjad. A. Ahmad; N. V. Hue, and Theodore J.K. Radovich. 2014. Nitrogen release patterns of some locally made composts and their effects on the growth of Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa, Chinensis group) when used as soil amendments. Compost Science & Utilization 22(4): 199-206.
- Wang, K-H, T. Radovich, A. Pant and Z. Cheng. 2014. Integration of covercrops and vermicompost tea for soil and plant health management in a short term vegetable cropping system. Applied Soil Ecology 82: 26-37.
- Sustainable and Organic Farming Systems - Members