Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: (808) 956-7369
Fax: (808) 956-3894
Robert E. Paull
Plant Physiology and the Postharvest Handling and Storage of Tropical Fruit, Vegetables and Ornamentals
St. Gregory High School, Australia, 1962 B.S., University of Sydney, 1966 - Agronomy Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 1975 - Plant Physiology
Impact preharvest factors on postharvest quality, physiology and storage, the evolution and control of fruit ripening
- Duarte, O and R. E. Paull. 2015. Exotic Fruits and Nuts of the New World. CAB International, Wallingford, England. 342 pp.
- Sarah L. Johnston, Roneel Prakash, Nancy J. Chen, Monto H. Kumagai, Helen M. Turano, Janine M. Cooney, Ross G. Atkinson, Robert E. Paull, Roshan Cheetamun, Antony Bacic, David A. Brummell, Roswitha SchrÃ¶der. 2013. An enzyme activity capable of transglycosylation of heteroxylan polysaccharides is present in plant primary cell walls. Planta 237: 173 - 187
- Robert E. Paull, Andrew Carroll & Nancy Jung Chen. 2013. Lotus Cell Walls and the Genes Involved in its Synthesis and Modification. Tropical Plant Biology 6: 152 - 160.
- Love, K., Nancy J. Chen, Robert E. Paull. 2014. Quick Harvest and Postharvest Tips for Better Quality and Longer Postharvest Life. University of Hawaii at Manoa, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources. Fruit, Nut, and Beverage Crops, July 2014, F_N- 36.
- Lili Zhou, Robert E. Paull, and Nancy Jung Chen. 2014. Papaya: Postharvest Quality-Maintenance Guidelines. University of Hawaii at Manoa, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources. Fruit, Nut, and Beverage Crops May 2014 F_N-34.
- Paull, R. E. and Duarte, O. 2012. Tropical Fruit - Volume II. 384 pp. CAB International, Wallingford, England
- Wu J, Wang Z, Shi Z, Zhang S, Ming R, Zhu S, Khan MA, Tao S, Korban SS, Wang H, Chen NJ, Nishio T, Xu X, Cong L, Qi K, Huang X, Wang Y, Zhao X, Wu J, Deng C, Gou C, Zhou W, Yin H, Qin G, Sha Y, Tao Y, Chen H, Yang Y, Song Y, Zhan D, Wang J, Li L, Dai M, Gu C, Wang Y, Shi D, Wang X, Zhang H, Zeng L, Zheng D, Wang C, Chen M, Wang G, Xie L, Sovero V, Sha S, Huang W, Zhang S, Zhang M, Sun J, Xu L, Li Y, Liu X, Li Q, Shen J, Wang J, Paull RE, Bennetzen JL, Wang J, Zhang S (2012). The genome of pear (Pyrus bretschneideri Rehd.). Genome Research 23: 396-408
- Radovich, Theodore J.K., Archana Pant, Ian Gurr, Ngyuen V. Hue, Jari Sugano, Brent Sipes, Norman Arancon, Clyde Tamaru, Bradley K. Fox, Kent D. Kobayashi, and Robert Paull. 2012. Innovative Use of Locally Produced Inputs to Improve Plant Growth, Crop Quality, and Grower Profitability in Hawaiâ€™i. HortTechnology 22: 738-742.
- J. Jesus Iniestra-Gonzaleza, Gisela Jareth Lino-Lopezb, Robert E. Paull, Ana Paulina Barba de la Rosad, N. Alejandra Mancilla-Margallie, J. Adriana Saunudo-Barajasf, Vrani Ibarra-Junqueraa, Nancy J. Chen, Miguel Angel Hernandez-Velascob,1, Juan Alberto Osuna-Castro. 2013. Papaya endoxylanase biochemical characterization and isoforms expressed during fruit ripening. Postharvest Biology and Technology 81: 13 - 22
- Robert E. Paull and Ching Cheng Chen. 2014. Pineapple: Postharvest Quality-Maintenance Guidelines. University of Hawaii at Manoa, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources. Fruit, Nut, and Beverage Crops May 2014 F_N-32.
- List of publications (PDF)