3060 'Eiwa Street, Suite #210
Lihu'e, HI 96766
Junior Extension Agent and Master Gardner Coordinator
Edible crop food safety and security, agricultural education and production, and leadership development.
BS International Agricultural Development, UC Davis MS Soils and Biogeochemistry, UC Davis
- Kirk ER, van Kessel C, Horwath WR, Linquist BA (2015) Estimating annual soil carbon loss in agricultural peatland soils using a nitrogen budget approach. PLoS ONE. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0121432
- Espe MB, Kirk ER, van Kessel C, Horwath WR, Linquist BA (2015) Indigenous nitrogen supply of rice is predicted by soil orgaic carbon. Soil Science Society of America Journal. doi:10.2136/sssaj2014.08.0328
- Sengxua P, Jackson TM, Kirk ER, Bouahom B, Wade L (2015) Capacity building and external linkages assist use and integration of technology options for research and development projects. Paper presented at the Australian Society of Agronomy Conference.
- Kirk ER, Linquist BA, van Kessel C (2014) Measuring subsidence in a degraded peat soil: nitrogen mineralization under rice cultivation. Soil Science Society of America Ecosystem Services Conference â€“ Soilâ€™s role in restoring ecosystem services. Mar 7. Sacramento, CA
- Page 5 Emilie Kirk CV Jackson TM, Sensourivong T, Thiravong K, Kirk ER, Pathoummalangsy K, Armstrong J, et al. (2014) Linking research and extension at the local level through on-farm research. Paper presented at: A policy dialogue on rice futures: rice-based farming systems research in the Mekong region.
- Jackson TM, Kirk ER, Pathoummalangsy K, Sensourivong T, Smith J, Samadmanivong S, et al. (2014) â€œHet tua jingâ€: experiences with on-farm research for local stakeholders in southern Laos. The Lao Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 30.
- Kirk ER, Linquist BA, van Kessel C (2013) Nitrogen cycling and rice crop management: implications for subsidence of delta peat soils. SSSA-ASA-CSSA International Annual Meeting. Nov 6. Tampa, FL