3190 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Amjad A Ahmad
Soil Physics, water relations. Sustainable and Organic Farming
B.Sc. Agronomy, Mosul University; M.Sc. Legume crops-growth and production, Mosul University; PhD. Hydrology, University of Hawaii-Manoa
Soil fertility and soil physical properties, particular interest in organic matter management (e.g., manure applications, composting and agricultural use of biosolids). Monitoring soil water flow and solute transport, particular interest in monitoring of environmental pollution. Plant growth, yield, and nutrient uptake and its relation to soil, water, and best management practices.
- Ahmad, A.A., A. Fares, and N. V. Hue. 2012. Nitrate Dynamic in a Tropical Mollisol Amended with Organic Manures, Planted with Sweet Corn, and Monitored with SPAD Readings. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. (In Press).
- Rebecca Mitschele, Theodore Radovich, Ali Fares, and Amjad Ahmad. 2012. Field and Laboratory Evaluation of the Cardy Nitrate-N Meter for Measuring Soil Solution Nitrate-N in Hawaiian Soils. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. (In Press).
- Ahmad, A.A., A. Fares, F. Abbas, and J. Deenik. 2009. Nutrient concentrations within and below root zones from applied chicken manure in selected Hawaiian soils. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part B. Pesticides, Food Contaminants, and Agricultural Waste, 44(8): 828-843.
- Ahmad, A.A., A. Fares, S. Paramasivam, M.A. Elrashidi, and R.M. Savabi. 2009. Biomass and nutrient concentration of sweet corn roots and shoots under organic amendments application. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part B. Pesticides, Food Contaminants, and Agricultural Waste, 44(7): 742-754.
- Fares, A, F. Abbas, A. Ahmad, M. Safeeq, and J. Deenik. 2008. Response of selected soil physical and hydrological properties to manure amendment rates, level and types. Soil Science, 173(8): 522-533.
- Ahmad, A. A. and A. M. Sultan. 2004. Effect of Nitrogen and Potassium fertilizer rates of application on growth and yield of winter varieties/genotypes of Chick Peas (Cicer arietinum L.). Mesopotamia Journal of Agriculture. 155: 16-22.
- Ahmad. A. A. and A. S. Khalaf, 2004. The response of local Chick Pea (Cicer arietinum L.) growth and yield to seed fumigation and different seed size. Mesopotamia Journal of Agriculture. 156: 45-52.