3190 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Amjad A Ahmad
Soil Physics, water relations. Sustainable and Organic Farming
PhD. Hydrology, University of Hawaii-Manoa; M.Sc. Legume crops-growth and production, Mosul University; B.Sc. Agronomy, Mosul University.
Soil fertility and soil physical properties, particular interest in organic matter management (e.g., manure applications, composting and agricultural use of biosolids). Monitoring soil water flow and solute transport, particular interest in monitoring of environmental pollution. Plant growth, yield, and nutrient uptake and its relation to soil, water, and best management practices.
- Amjad. A. Ahmad; N. V. Hue, and Theodore J.K. Radovich. 2014. Nitrogen release patterns of some locally made composts and their effects on the growth of Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa, Chinensis group) when used as soil amendments. Compost Science & Utilization 22(4): XXXX-XXXX
- Ahmad, A.A., A. Fares, N. V. Hue, M. Safeeq, T. Radovich, F. Abbas, and M. Ibrahim. 2014. Root Distribution of Sweet Corn (Zea mays) as affected by Manure Types, Rates and Frequency of Applications. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences (JAPS), 24(2): 592-599.
- Ahmad, A.A., A. Fares, and N. V. Hue. 2012. Nitrate Dynamic in a Tropical Mollisol Amended with Organic Manures, Planted with Sweet Corn, and Monitored with SPAD Readings. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 43(17): 2274â€“2288
- Rebecca Mitschele, Theodore Radovich, Ali Fares, and Amjad Ahmad. 2012. Field and Laboratory Evaluation of the Cardy Nitrate-N Meter for Measuring Soil Solution Nitrate-N in Hawaiian Soils. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 43(9): 1237-1246
- Ahmad, A.A., A. Fares, F. Abbas, and J. Deenik. 2009. Nutrient concentrations within and below root zones from applied chicken manure in selected Hawaiian soils. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part B. Pesticides, Food Contaminants, and Agricultural Waste, 44(8): 828-843.
- Ahmad, A.A., A. Fares, S. Paramasivam, M.A. Elrashidi, and R.M. Savabi. 2009. Biomass and nutrient concentration of sweet corn roots and shoots under organic amendments application. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part B. Pesticides, Food Contaminants, and Agricultural Waste, 44(7): 742-754.
- Fares, A, F. Abbas, A. Ahmad, M. Safeeq, and J. Deenik. 2008. Response of selected soil physical and hydrological properties to manure amendment rates, level and types. Soil Science, 173(8): 522-533.
- Ahmad, A.A. 2009. Monitoring and Modeling of Water Flow and Solute Transport under Different Manure Amendments in Hawaii. Ph.D dissertation. University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Ahmad. A. A. 2000. Effect of Date of sowing and plant population on growth and yield of varieties of Chick Pea (Cicer arietinum L.) in north Iraq. Master thesis, Mosul University.