Events: Free Seminars
The Termite Project: Educate to Eradicate program of the University of Hawaii at Manoa's College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources presents a series of free termite information seminars for the public.
Attendees will learn interesting facts about these wood-eating insects including termite identification and biology, and gain tips on how to prevent and control them from a UH termite expert. Participants will also be able to ask and get answers to questions regarding termites and their homes.
Seminars are generally held in the summer. Confirmed schedules are posted here when available.
Handouts from the seminars (PDF format)
- Formosan subterranean termite fact sheet - General information on Hawaii's ground termites
- Termite life cycle - From egg to adult
- Termite identification - How to tell the difference between termites and winged ants
- Drywood termites vs. subterranean termites - How to tell the difference between the two types of termites
- Termite prevention & control - Protecting your home from termites