Claudio R. Nigg  PhD, FSBM
Professor, Department of Public Health SciencesUniversity of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Phone: 808.956.2862work Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Theories of behavior change, Motivation to engage in health behavior, Exercise/physical activity, Multiple health behavior change, Childhood obesity, Youth, Aging, General Population.
- Nigg, C., Geller, K., Adams, P., Hamada, M., Hwang, P. & Chung, R. (2012). Successful Dissemination of Fun 5 – A Physical Activity and Nutrition Program for Children. Translational Behavioral Medicine: Practice, Policy and Research, 2, 276-285.
- Ollberding, N. J., Nigg, C. R., Geller, K. S., Horwath, C. C., Motl, R. W., & Dishman. R. K. (2012). Food Outlet Accessibility and Fruit and Vegetable Consumption. American Journal of Health Promotion, 26, 366-370.
- Nigg, C. R., Geller, K. S., Motl, R. W., Horwath, C. C., Wertin, K. K., & Dishman, R. K. (2011). A Research Agenda to Examine the Efficacy and Relevance of the Transtheoretical Model for Physical Activity Behavior. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 12, 7-12.
- NICHD/NCI/NIDDK (1R01HD057229. Intervention for PhysicaL Activity in Youth – IPLAY: The Impact of an Environmental and Curriculum Change on Children’s Obesity Related Behaviors.
- SAMSHA & Hawaii DOH Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division. State Prevention Framework – Partnerships for Success (SPF-PFS) Epidemiology. Epidemiological lead of the HI SPF-PFS project relating to statewide adolescent alcohol prevention.
Current Graduate Students (Chair)Doctoral
- Michelle Rathke, PhD in Nutrition candidate, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Katie Amato, DrPH candidate, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Megan Cagasan, MPH candidate, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Jasmine Pang, MPH candidate, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Rhoda Castillo, MPH candidate, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa.