Andrew Grandinetti  PhD
Specialization Head: EpidemiologyUniversity of Hawaii office of Public Health Studies
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Dr. Grandinetti's area of interest is on disparities in the prevalence of diabetes, diabetes complications, and cardiovascular risk factors in Hawai‘i's multi-ethnic population. He also has had a long standing collaboration with the Honolulu Asian Aging Study, and is currently reanalyzing data on the relationship of smoking history with risk for Parkinson’s disease.
- Townsend C, Takishima-Lacasa JY, Latner JD, Grandinetti A, Keawe'aimoku Kaholokula J. Ethnic and Gender Differences in Ideal Body Size and Related Attitudes among Asians, Native Hawaiians, and Whites. Hawai'i journal of medicine & public health : a journal of Asia Pacific Medicine & Public Health. 2014 Aug;73(8):236-43. PubMed PMID: 25157324.
- Maskarinec G, Jacobs S, Morimoto Y, Chock M, Grandinetti A, Kolonel LN. Disparity in Diabetes Risk Across Native Hawaiians and Different Asian Groups: The Multiethnic Cohort. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2014 Aug 27.
- Lin C, Grandinetti A, Shikuma C, Souza S, Parikh N, Nakamoto B, et al. The effects of extended release niacin on lipoprotein sub-particle concentrations in HIV-infected patients. H J Med & Pub Health. 2013 Apr;72(4):123-7.
- 2013-present. PD and smoking revisited – reanalysis of protective affect of smoking and PD using Fine and Gray’s subdistribution model for competing risks. Kuakini Medical Center, Honolulu Asia Aging Study.
- 2008-2011. Cardiovascular autonomic function in HIV virologic failure (1 K23 HL088981-01A2) Grantee: Dominic C. Chow, MD, Funding source: NIH/NHLBI, Role: mentor.