The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) is one of the few U.S. interdisciplinary programs that prepares students in a multilingual and multicultural environment. This program offers a Master of Science degree in speech pathology. Click here to learn more about our Master’s degree options!
Admission is competitive, our admissions committee is looking for applicants who have
- a strong academic record
- a strong overall GPA
- performed well on standardized tests (usually the GRE)
- completed the prerequisite courses and fulfilled all entry requirements
- excelled in CSD-related coursework
- effective written and oral communication skills
- a well-written, carefully considered personal statement
- clear career goals and who understand the field of CSD
- relevant observation hours in volunteer, school-sponsored (e.g. internships), or work experience Click here to learn more about our pre-requisites
Applicants to UHM’s CSD program should have both an appropriate academic background and relevant experience. Applicants should also be able to demonstrate their interest and commitment.
Tentative Program of Study Class of 2016-2018 Plan B (update 10/15/15)