The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) is one of the few U.S. interdisciplinary programs that prepares students in a multilingual and multicultural environment. This program offers a Master of Science degree in speech pathology. Click here to learn more about our Master’s degree options!
Admission is competitive, our admissions committee is looking for applicants who have
- a strong academic record
- a strong overall GPA
- performed well on standardized tests (usually the GRE)
- completed the prerequisite courses and fulfilled all entry requirements
- excelled in CSD-related coursework
- effective written and oral communication skills
- a well-written, carefully considered personal statement
- clear career goals and who understand the field of CSD
- relevant observation hours in volunteer, school-sponsored (e.g. internships), or work experience Click here to learn more about our pre-requisites
Applicants to UHM’s CSD program should have both an appropriate academic background and relevant experience. Applicants should also be able to demonstrate their interest and commitment.