CRDG focuses on five interrelated fields of educational endeavor, each of which addresses a central issue facing education in Hawai‘i, on the U.S. Mainland, in American overseas schools, and in other nations.
- Focus Area 01. Mathematics and Science Education
- Focus Area 02. Hawai‘i, Asia, and the Pacific
- Focus Area 03. Relating Special Education to Regular Classrooms
- Focus Area 04. Educational Technology Development
- Focus Area 05. Designing Educational Systems
In each focus area, CRDG’s faculty have accumulated a solid foundation in curriculum research and development; designing and delivering professional development for educators; evaluating and documenting evidence of impact on learning, teaching, and assessment; and disseminating and implementing effective programs.
The following highlights CRDG’s major research and development activities in the five focus areas.