Are you concerned about how you relate to other people? Are you having a hard time making friends? Would you like to meet with other students with similar concerns in a supportive environment? CSDC offers a wide range of counseling groups that allow people to practice different ways of being in an interpersonal context. Every member of a therapy group is asked to adhere to the roles of confidentiality. There is no charge.
Join with others of our University community in an encouraging, illuminating, and enjoyable personal growth experience.
- Complement your intellectual / academic growth and goals.
- Balance your personal development.
- Strengthen your sense of identity and community.
- Discover your personal strengths.
- Improve your personal, family, and work relationships.
- Develop new coping and relationship skills.
- Manage stress.
- Resolve personal issues and problems.
All of our groups work with relationship issues and academic adjustment issues. Included among issues that members may bring to the groups are initiating and developing relationships, assertiveness, life transitions, family of origin issues, stress overload, interpersonal conflict, low self-esteem, personal and cultural identity issues and conflicts, sexuality issues, loneliness, feelings of inadequacy, anxiety, depression, anger etc. --the full range of normal life issues and experiences.
Our groups are usually led by two counselors and have five to eight participants. The groups meet in the afternoons or evenings and may address men's issues, women's issues, social skills, returning to school, family-based issues, sexual abuse recovery, or other topics in which group members are interested. The groups usually meet once a week for an hour and a half.
Eligibility For Services
- Eligibility: Groups are open to UHM students
- *Priority is given to full-time students matriculating in degree seeking programs
- Session Limit: No limit for group counseling
How to Obtain Services
Call or stop by the Center to get more information or to speak with one of our counselors about joining. The number of participants for each group is limited, so reserve your place early.
** If you have disability-related needs, please let us know so we can arrange for appropriate accommodations. Call 956-7927 and ask for one of the group leaders.