Identifying your career interests, deciding on a major, and setting career goals are important developmental tasks during college. However, understanding yourself and gaining knowledge about the world of work are often difficult processes. Career counseling can help you learn more about your career-related interests, personality, skills, and values, and guide you through the decision-making process.
Eligibility For Services
- Eligibility: Available to UHM students
- Sessions: Sessions are available to all UHM students. Fees are charged for the use of career inventories.
Career counseling is free to all full-time UHM students, although students must pay for the cost of career inventories. Career counseling often includes the use of interest and personality assessments, which requires a small fee.
All UHM Students:
- $15 for Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- $15 for Strong Interest Inventory
- $50 for MMPI-RF
- $40 for students who graduated from UHM, within the past two years: for career counseling and testing fees
- $60 for UHM faculty and staff: testing fee
- $175 current fee for non-students: career counseling and testing (through our Community Vocational Counseling Service).
How to Obtain Services
To schedule an appointment, please call (808) 956-7927 or walk into the Center during business hours.