List of 12 Regulations *:
- UHM Parking Regulations are in effect 24 hours daily throughout the year.
- Observe all officially posted signs regarding traffic and parking control.
- All motor vehicles parking on University property must have either a valid UHM parking permit/pass or a cash-entry-fee ticket receipt. Permit requirement is enforced Monday - Saturday, except during State Holidays, and during special events.
- Proper permits/passes must be displayed at all times in plain view: in cars and trucks - displayed in lower right or left corner of a vehicle's front window (for clings) or on the dashboard or rear-view mirror (for all other types); on motorcycles or mopeds, affixed on the left handlebar.
- A permit/pass designates a specific parking zone where the vehicle may be parked; it does not, however, guarantee a space in that specific University parking area.
- The use or possession of a(n) invalid, expired, counterfeit, altered, defaced, illegally transferred, or stolen permit/pass is prohibited and will result in a citation.
- Parking is permitted only in areas clearly marked and specified by Commuter Services.
- Parking is prohibited in areas including, but not limited to, lawns, planted areas, grounds under repair, median strips, sidewalks, driveways, crosswalks, red curbs, and “No Parking” areas. Obstructing a fire hydrant, fire lanes, vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and official bus stops will also result in citation and is subject to tow.
- Violators of the UHM Parking Regulations are subject to a fine and/or removal of their motor vehicle at the owner's expense. Delinquent or repeat offenses may warrant further disciplinary action.
- All persons operating a motor vehicle on UHM property are required to comply with the City & County of Honolulu Traffic Code and all UHM Parking Regulations.
- The University is not responsible or liable for fire, theft, damages to motor vehicles or any contents therein when parked or operated on campus.
- Giving false information and/or falsifying supporting documents when applying for a parking permit constitutes a violation of these regulations and shall invalidate the issuance of the permit.