Since President Lassner’s announcement that the August 3, 2021 return to work was rescinded, individuals may be interested in cancelling their permit.
Please follow the process below.
- Obtain your physical permit from your Parking Coordinator. Department Parking Coordinators will be able to pick up their packets beginning August 2. Please check with them when your permit will be available for pick up.
- Complete the Payroll Deduction Cancellation Form for permits purchased by Payroll Deduction. OR Complete the Permit Return Form for permits purchased via credit card or check.
- Return the physical permit and a printed copy of the applicable form from #2 above to Commuter Services Business Office via mail or by placing it in the designated dropbox outside of the office, lower level QLC (appointment is required). If you are placing it in the designated dropbox, we are not able to provide a receipt.
- Permits received before August 23 will receive a full refund.
- Permits received on or after August 23 will be refunded at the prorated amount based on the date the permit was received in office.
If you are not returning to campus, or you prefer to return your permit by mail, we will use the postmark date as the date of the permit return. We advise that you return the permit using certified mail (you do not need a return receipt) or a courier service. Should you elect not to mail your permit using certified mail or a courier service, UH Commuter Services will not be responsible if your mail gets lost, stolen, or is otherwise not received. However, if this occurs when using certified mail or a courier service, we may be able to use bona fide tracking/delivery confirmation to process your refund. Should you decide to return your permit by mail, please note that we are unable to reimburse you for these costs. Unfortunately, no refund will be provided if your permit is not received by UH Commuter Services.
Please send all mail to:
UH Commuter Services
2600 Campus Road, Room 014
Honolulu, HI 96822