As we prepare for the Fall 2020 semester amid COVID-19 concerns, UH Mānoa Commuter Services is considering significant changes to its free Rainbow Shuttle services. Please be advised that the following changes are being considered.
- Only UH faculty, staff, and students will be able to ride Rainbow Shuttles. A valid UH ID must be scanned and presented to the shuttle driver in order to ride.
- All riders must wear face coverings.
- Rainbow Shuttles will run modified routes that service on-campus or UH-managed parking lots.
- The routes that are being considered are: modified Housing/Hawaiian Studies and modified Faculty Housing
Rider capacity on shuttles will be decreased, which will result in longer wait times.
- Rainbow Shuttles will be disinfected at every Varney Circle stop. This is about a 15-minute process.
Please consider utilizing TheBus as an alternative transportation source. All eligible UHM students have access to a UPASS which allows students to utilize TheBus at no additional cost. The Rainbow Shuttle duplicates TheBus routes within a three-mile radius to campus.
Please check back for the latest updates to these changes or for more information on Rainbow Shuttle service.