edcs 433 and 450 course materials
- National Research Council (U.S.). (2012). A framework for K-12 science education: Practices, crosscutting concepts, and core ideas. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press.
- The Canoe Game (Grades 4-16) - Developed by Dr. Kawika Winters, adapted by Cheryl Shintani, supported by the Pikoi Ke Kaula Kualena US DOE Consortium for Hawai‘i Ecological Engineering Education grant
- STEM Project: Environmental checks and mission - Developed by Cheryl Shintani
- Moenaha (culture-based curriculum design) guides
- Office of Instructional Services/General Education Branch. (1987, June). Limu: Learning about Hawaiʻi's edible seaweeds. Honolulu: Department of Education.
- Bernard, H., Hanaike, D., Harr, R., Hendricks, P., Honebrink, R., Ishikawa, W., et al. (1992). Aquatic project wild: Hawai‘i supplement. Honolulu: Education Program, Hawaii Division of Aquatic Resources.
hawaii science teachers association
- Ulukau - The Hawaiian Electronic Library
- Exploring the History of Maunalua Bay
- University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa's Virtual Plant Tour
- Maly, K., & Maly, O. (2001). He wahi moʻolelo no nā ʻāina, a me nā ala hele i hehi ʻia, mai Keauhou a i Kealakekua, ma Kona, Hawaiʻi - A historical overview of the lands, and trails traveled, between Keauhou and Kealakekua, Kona, Hawaiʻi. (Report HiAla40-061501). Hilo: Kumu Pono Associates.