Ralf I. Kaiser, Professor
Department of Chemistry
University of Hawai’i at Manoa
2545 McCarthy Mall
Honolulu, HI 96822-2275
Phone: (808) 956-5731
Fax: (808) 956-5908
Email: Ralf Kaiser
Office: Bilger 301A
Ralf I. Kaiser received his diploma from the University of Münster, Germany in 1991 and his Ph.D in 1994 in Chemistry from the same institute. After three years at the University of California at Berkeley as a postdoctoral fellow, he conducted his Habilitation in Physics before joining the faculty of the Department of Chemistry of the University of Hawaii in 2002.
Selected Recent Publications
- R.I. Kaiser, A.M. Mebel. On the Formation of Polyacetylenes and Cyanopolyacetylenes in Titan’s Atmosphere and their Role in Astrobiology. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2012, 41, 5490-5501.
- Y.S. Kim, K.P. Wo, S. Maity, S.K. Atreya, R.I. Kaiser. Radiation-Induced Formation of Chlorine Oxides and their Role in the Origin of Martian Perchlorates. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 4910-4913.
- B.B. Dangi, D.S.N. Parker, R.I. Kaiser, A. Jamal, A.M. Mebel. A Combined Experimental and Theoretical Study on the Gas Phase Synthesis of Toluene under Single Collision Conditions. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 7186-7189.
- B.B. Dangi, D.S.N. Parker, T. Yang, R.I. Kaiser, A.M. Mebel. Gas Phase Synthesis of the Benzyl Radical Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 4608-4613.
- T. Yang, D. Parker, D. Stranges, A.H.H. Chang, R.I. Kaiser. On the Synthesis of the Ethynylsulfidoboron Molecule (HCCBS) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 8387-8392.