Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Service
The nominee must meet the following:
- Be a full-time Civil Service, Buildings & Grounds Maintenance, or Administrative, Professional & Technical (APT) employee of the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- Have been employed continuously for no less than twelve (12) consecutive months in a UH Mānoa college, school, department or program
Nominations are based on an employee’s outstanding work performance, service, leadership, and contributions to his or her office, department and the University to promote excellence in higher education. An employee previously nominated may be renominated provided he or she has not been a recipient of the award within the last five (5) years.
Examples of outstanding accomplishments by an employee include the following:
- Exceptional contributions to the achievement of the department’s program objectives
- Encouragement of resource development (materials, equipment, etc.) to better serve the department and its program objectives
- Active participation in departmental, college, and/or campus affairs
- Continuous merit and competence in the department, and contribution to the progress and success of the program
- Development or participation in development of creative solutions to difficult problems and contribution to improved services
- Integrity and dedication to the program mission
- Outstanding contributions to increased program efficiency
- Participation in professional, campus and/or community affairs and promotion of a positive image of the UHM
- For supervisors and managers of programs, successful management and planning of program functions including development and motivation of team of staff members
Selection Criteria and Process
- Each nomination and pertinent supporting information is limited to three (3) pages.
- Each nominee is allowed a maximum of three (3) nominations from employees, students, and/or community members. Nominations are received in sequential order, and only the first three (3) nominations per candidate will be submitted to the awards review committee.
- The review committee evaluates the nominees based on the nominations and supporting documentation submitted.
- The Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Service shall be awarded to one (1) Civil Service employee, one (1) Buildings and Grounds Maintenance employee, and one (1) APT employee.
- The review committee will submit the top two nominations in each category to Chancellor Apple, who will make the final selection for each category.
- Each recipient shall receive a $1,000 monetary award and a recognition certificate, as well as recognition at a special awards ceremony.
- The top two (2) nominees in each category will be submitted for consideration for the Governor’s Award for Distinguished State Service.
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination and the identity of the nominator(s) after the committee reviews all nominations, unless otherwise specified.
Nominate an Employee
Nominations for the 2014 award are currently being accepted. Please follow the links below to view the Chancellor’s memo and open the form-fillable nomination form.
Chancellor Apple’s Memo (PDF)
Chancellor’s Citation for Meritorious Teaching
The Office of Faculty Development & Academic Support coordinates nominations for this award.
Nominate an Employee
Nominations for Chancellor’s Citation for Meritorious Teaching are coordinated by the Office of Faculty Development & Academic Support. Please visit http://ofdas.hawaii.edu for nomination information including criteria, eligility requirements and submission procedures.