Resume & Cover Letter: Market Yourself on Paper
Yes, you can google templates for both resumes and cover letters. But how will your resume stand out in a sea of clones? Let us provide examples and tips on developing an effective resume and cover letter to take you to the next step in the application process!
Sign up for this workshop to learn how to:
- Understand the purpose of the resume
- Recognize ways to build and organize the content of a successful resume
- Highlight transferable skills, describe responsibilities/accomplishments and take credit for activities on your resume
- Format a professional cover letter
- Build cover letter content that includes your interest in the position, your qualifications that meet the requirements and the next step you hope will happen
|Thu March 3, 2016||3:00pm-4:00pm||QLC 212|
|Wed April 6, 2016||1:30pm-2:30pm||QLC 212|
|Thu April 28, 2016||1:30pm-2:30pm||QLC 212|
Contact Us if you have any questions
You might also be interested in these other workshops:
- U.S. Department of State Careers Talk
- United States Aid to International Development (USAID)
- Expand Your Networks, Know Your Career Path and Find Work Through Informational Interviewing NEW!
- Finding Jobs and internships in Hawai`i and Beyond NEW!
- 14 Things You Should Know About the Interview
- Job Search Tips for New Graduates
- Resume & Cover Letter: Market Yourself on Paper
- 10 Steps to Making a Great Impression at the Career Fair
- Thinking about Graduate School
- Using LinkedIn to Network & Find Jobs