Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a type of federal financial aid awarded to undergraduate and graduate students.
- FWS allows you to earn the award through employment in a part time job.
- Income generated through FWS employment will not be assessed as income on future financial aid application requests.
- You are encouraged to participate in FWS employment to earn income and gain valuable work experience.
You may earn your award in a student employment position with the University of Hawai‘i and non-profit community service agencies. Opportunities also exist through the FWS America Reads Program, a literacy tutoring initiative administered by the Mānoa Career Center.
Eligibility/Participating in the Federal Work Study Program
To participate in the Federal Work Study Program at UH Mānoa, a student must:
- Have been offered a FWS award for the current academic year/semester by UH Mānoa’s Financial Aid Services
- Meet eligibility for part-time student employment
- View the FWS Orientation
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about Federal Work Study at UH Mānoa.
Contact Us if you have any further questions.