Summer 2015 Events and On-Campus Recruitment Schedule
*INFORMATION SESSION – Federal Bureau of Investigation
– Thursday August 27, 9:00AM – 11:00AM, Campus Center Third Floor, Room 308
– A FBI recruiter will be on-campus to share about careers with the FBI. Feel free to come by and ask any FBI recruitment related questions you may have.
– For more information please visit https://www.fbijobs.gov/home/
*INTERNSHIP – Hawaii Independent Energy LLC
– Human Resources Summer Intern
– High School diploma required.
– Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, such as Business Administration, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
– The purpose of the position is to provide opportunities for the Intern to learn and develop practical work/business skills and experience to help establish a strong foundation.
– Pay ~ $15.00/hr
– Deadline to Apply: September 1, 2015
– Log onto http://www.hawaii.edu/sece and refer to the job number 131304 for more information and to apply.
*INTERNSHIP – Target
– Executive Intern
– Desire to pursue a career in retail management
– Leadership and strong decision-making skills
– Use your business, leadership and people skills to inspire exceptional performance. Maximize sales and profits for your store. Ensure great guest service and team member satisfaction. Create a fast-paced, energetic environment that delivers a consistent Target brand experience for team members and guests.
– Pay ~ $16.00/hr
– Deadline to Apply: October 27, 2015
– Log onto http://www.hawaii.edu/sece and refer to the job number 146222 for more information and to apply.
*CO-OP – SOH – Dept of Transportation, Highways
– Engineering SIP Co-op – Oahu District
– Prefer fulltime junior, senior, or graduate student in engineering.
– Computer experience.
– 2.0/3.0 gpa cum and in major; 2 full semesters remaining before graduation.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Assist engineer w/ computer programs, computations, drawing plans, maintaining project records; assist inspector in measuring recording quantities & inspecting construction operations; assist surveyors as rodman/chainman; drafting on CADD, input date, etc.
– Pay ~ $15.61/hr
– Deadline to Apply: December 31, 2015
– Log onto http://www.hawaii.edu/sece and refer to the job number 127 for more information and to apply.
*FULL-TIME – New York Life
– Administrative Assistant
– Has developed knowledge and skills through formal training or considerable work experience
Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision
– Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established options
– Performs intermediate clerical duties following general instructions and guidelines from Manager.
– Pay ~ $30k – $40k
– Deadline to Apply: September 1, 2015
– Log onto http://www.hawaii.edu/sece and refer to the job number 142703 for more information and to apply.
*FULL-TIME – Hawaiian Telcom
– Planning Analyst – Network Planning
– Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Communications, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or two (2) years equivalent educational and/or professional experience.
– Minimum one (1) year of professional experience in a large, diverse, multi-location WAN and Telecommunications environments in Engineering, Planning, Operations or Systems Support in Outside Plant, Inside Plant, or Network functional organizations preferred
– The Planning Analyst in Network Planning will support and maintain network designs/drawings and systems data for construction of new, removal and rearrangement of existing network, access and customer premise elements for optimum utilization of communications facilities and equipment.
– Pay ~ TBD
– Deadline to Apply: August 26, 2015
– Log onto http://www.hawaii.edu/sece and refer to the job number 146062 for more information and to apply.
*PART-TIME – Niu Valley Middle School
– Paraprofessional Tutor
– 48 college credits OR AA / AS degree OR have a score of 459 on the PapaPro Assessment.
– Working one-to-one with students with a variety of disabilities
– Assisting the classroom teacher by providing support in regards to student academics or behaviors
– Help monitor students when the class is scheduled to go on community outings
– Take data on student’s goals and objectives which are stated in the student’s IEP
– Pay ~ $13.88/hr
– Deadline to Apply: October 1, 2015
– Log onto http://www.hawaii.edu/sece and refer to the job number 141284 for more information and to apply.
For special accommodations, contact Mānoa Career Center at (808) 956-7007.
Mānoa Career Center
University of Hawaii at Mānoa, QLCSS Room 212
2600 Campus Road
Honolulu, HI 96822-2205
956-7007 ph | 956-9318 V/T | 956-4082 fax