Before the Job Fair:
- Prepare a resume and bring copies to leave with employers
- Identify experiences which demonstrate your strengths, skills and abilities
- Stress unique achievements and accomplishments
- Practice a brief summary of who you are and what you have to offer
- Know why you want to work for this company
During the Job Fair:
- Smile, be polite and enthusiastic
- Be well groomed
- Make eye contact and shake hands
- Be articulate and “sell yourself”
- Listen to the recruiter
- Ask for a business card or contact information for follow-up
After the Job Fair:
- Compose and send Thank You letters immediately!
- Make a reference to when and where you spoke with the individual
- Reiterate your interests
- Keep a record of your contacts to make follow up calls
- Evaluate your experience for improvement
Questions to Ask Recruiters:
- What skills or talents are most essential to be effective in this job and/or organization?
- What abilities or personal qualities do you believe contribute most to success in this job?
- I would like to focus on….What areas in your organization would I be a good fit?
- Are there other positions I might be qualified for with my major and background that I should know about?
- What special advice do you have for a student seeking to qualify for this position?
- What do you like most about this organization? How did you start your career with this organization?