Is graduate or professional school the next step in your future? A successful graduate or professional school application requires planning and thoroughness; meeting with a career counselor can help an applicant navigate through the process.
Meet with a career counselor for assistance with:
- Deciding to go
- Identifying resources on programs and schools
- Understanding the application process
- Developing a personal statement
- Obtaining reference letters
Supplement your meeting with a career counselor with information on these topics that are available in handout format in the Resource Library:
- Admissions Examinations
- Financing Your Graduate Education
- Graduate Application Worksheet
- Graduate School Application Timeline
- Guide For The Undergraduate Student Planning For Graduate School
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement,
- The Professional School Interviews
- Resources & Aids For Graduate School
- What Is A Curriculum Vita?
Want more information? Peruse the 6-volume directories of Peterson’s Graduate Programs to learn of U.S. schools offering programs in specific areas of study, books on writing the personal statement, and much more.
Take advantage of current graduate/professional program materials that can help to create your list of “to apply” schools. Made available in hanging folders, they are free for the taking for interested students.
Want to hear tips from admission officers on applying to graduate/professional school? View the Panel Discussion video.