Resources for Students
Here is a list of resources we've created for students and alumni. If you notice that we're missing something on this page, or if you have a question about any of the content on this page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to answer your questions.
These are the hiring policies for campus-based employment programs. You can view or download the policy forms in PDF format by clicking one of the two links below. You will need Adobe's free PDF reader to view these files.
Original letters of recommendation for graduate / professional school or academic employment can be housed at the Mānoa Career Center on your behalf. Serving as the official keeper of your credential files, the Mānoa Career Center will send out copies of your letters to prospective employers or schools upon your written request. For additional details about this service, obtain a copy of the “Guide to Establishing and Using a Credential File” at Career Services. A copy of the guide and related forms may also be downloaded by clicking on the links listed below:
- Guide to Establishing and Using a Credential File (form-fillable)
- Credential File Registration and Authorization Form (form-fillable)
- Instructions for Authors of Credential Letters (form-fillable)
- Request for Forwarding Credential Files (form-fillable)
- Credential File Email Request Authorization and Prepayment forms (form-fillable)
Forms for Student Hires
- Tax Withholding Form - Federal (W4)**
- Tax Withholding Form - State of Hawaii (HW4)**
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy
- Direct Deposit: Salary Assignment/Cancellation (Form D-60)
- I-9 Information
- FWS Information & Policies
- Helpful Info About Your New University Job
Counseling Services Forms
** Indicates required forms for all new hires. Other forms may be required. Please read all instructions.
Participate in Live Career Webinars
In partnership with uscareerwebinars.com, the Mānoa Career Center provides access to a series of live career webinars conducted by colleges across the United States. Webinars will cover a wide range of career related content. Topics range from Resume and Cover Letter writing, Interview Skills, Networking, Personal Branding, etc.
To participate in a live career webinar:
- Email email@example.com to request the webinar participant code, phone number, and phone access code. You will need the participation code to enter the webinar.
- Locate the webinar you want to attend on www.uscareerwebinars.com
- On the day of the webinar, Click on the event you are interested in attending. (You may be directed to another website)
- Click on the "Register Now" link and you will be taken to the registration page to input your contact information and participant code.
- Submit your information and you will be taken to the webinar to participate
Graduate & Professional School Application
The Mānoa Career Center offers numerous resources for those applying to graduate or professional school in our resource library.
- Peterson's Graduate & Professional Programs
- Books on applying to graduate school
- Handouts on:
-Graduate School Application Timeline
-Resources & Aids for Graduate School
The Mānoa Career Center also provides counseling for students/alumni thinking about graduate/professional school and a credential file service that acts as a repository for letters of reference to be used for application to graduate school.
What can I do with this major?
Still trying to decide which major is right for you? About to finish your degree and you still don't know what kind of jobs you can get with your major? Take a look at our fact sheet to learn more about your major.