Develop your awareness, explore, and experience careers through Cooperative Education (Co-op), a nation-wide, work experience program. Integrate academic and career interests with paid, career-related, and productive work experiences.
What can I gain from a co-op or an internship?
- Gain valuable experience and apply classroom learning in a professional environment
- Explore career opportunities and clarify career objectives by exploring the field from the inside
- Develop professional work habits and personal confidence
- Helps students transition from academic to employment life
What is required to join Co-op?
- Enrolled as at least half-time, classified UH Mānoa students
- Good academic standing at the sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate levels
- Declared major
- At least two full semesters remaining before graduation
Information about Internships
Internships are short term, paid, project based opportunities that offer experiential learning in student’s field of interest. Internships offer your organization students with academic knowledge to assist in projects or assignments to enhance your organizational goals.
Get started today!
- Read what students have to say about Cooperative Education
- Complete the Cooperative Education Orientation
- Register and search through the online jobs database
- Meet with a counselor to review your Co-op options and assistance with application/resume procedures.
- Co-op Student Application Form
- Student Evaluation Form
- Supervisor Evaluation Form
- Counselor Evaluation Form
Still have questions?
- Add student testimony to end of co-op orientation instead of having separate page or a side bar on Internship/Co-op page to have student testimony
- Click here to apply (page to instruction to include orientation)