On-campus Recruiting Disclaimer
The following outlines the policies that organizations must meet to request services or use the sece jobs database:
- Must meet all state and federal labor standards, regardless of the work location.
- Abide by the Principles of Professional Conduct for Career Services Professionals outlined by the National Association of College and Employers (NACE).
- Must offer regular/base salaries (commission only, multi-level marketing, door-to-door, home-based business, domestic employment or “business opportunity” postings are not allowed).
- Must represent their organization honestly and with complete information.
- Third parties (employment agencies, contracted consultants, and search firms) are not permitted.
- Must not offer employment/opportunity contingent upon a fee paid by candidate.
- Must not offer an opportunity as an independent contractor or to start own business.
- Must not include the solicitation or sale of products or services during the recruiting process.
- Must not recruit for a position whose duties will involve the on-campus sale or promotion of products or services to UHM students, faculty or staff (e.g. Campus Brand Ambassadors).
- Must not require, at the time of application, personal information (e.g. bank and social security numbers).
- Must be an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, offering employment without discrimination based on race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and court record (except in limited circumstances), sexual orientation.
The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa is a non-commercial campus. To provide our students with employer opportunities that are transparent and reputable, we reserve the right to refuse service to employers due to any objectionable activities, complaints, fraud, and/or failure to adhere to policies listed above.