Has it been 5 or more years since you graduated from UH Mānoa? Although you may not be qualified for direct Mānoa Career Center services, you are welcomed to use our self help resources.
Online Self-Help Resources
The following are self-help resources to guide you through your career exploration.
The Mānoa Career Center does not endorse any specific resource on this page.
We suggest that you conduct research before providing personal information to any of the sites listed below.
External sites open in new windows. Please disable your pop-up blocking software to access these sites.
Hawai‘i and U.S. Mainland Opportunities
- City & County of Honolulu
(Residents outside of the City & County of Honolulu – visit your county’s employment website)
- Federal Government Jobs
- HireNet Hawai‘i
- Riley Guide
- State of Hawai‘i Jobs
(Residents outside of the State of Hawai‘i – visit your state’s employment website)
- Sample Resumes, Free Sample Resume for Jobs
- Technical Resumes – Tips, Samples, Examples and Templates
- Career Changing Sample Cover Letters
- Cover Letters Close: Advice and Resources
- Transferable Skills Cover Letter Example
Returning for a Graduate or a Professional Degree
Thinking about graduate or professional school? Making a decision to return for a graduate or professional degree depends on your long term career plans, your desire to pursue a longstanding academic interest, or a prerequisite set for employment. The following links provide more information to help guide you through the decision process, learning about degree options, and the admission procedures.
Join Mānoa Career Center at two special graduate school events:
Credential Files for Letters of Recommendation
Mānoa Career Center provides credential file service to hold letters in support of your graduate school application.
See below for details and instructions:
- Guide to Establishing and Using a Credential File (form-fillable)
- Credential File Registration and Authorization Form (form-fillable)
- Instructions for Authors of Credential Letters (form-fillable)
- Request for Forwarding Credential Files (form-fillable)
Laid off… What to do?
- What to Do if you are Laid Off…
- What to Do if you Get Laid Off
- Got Laid Off? What To Do When you Lose Your Job
Interested in partnering with the Mānoa Career Center?
For professional alumni interested in partnering with us beyond employment services, consider the various career education focused avenues where we seek your support. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Cooperative Education and Internships
- Community Service Federal Work Study
- Professional – Student Mentoring
- Job Shadowing