Participants of the 13th IBS Symposium on “Brecht in/and Asia” can book following rooms at the housing facilities of the East-West Center (EWC):
single rooms at the Hale Manoa/Hale Kuahine dormitories
($27 per night)
double rooms at the Hale Manoa/Hale Kuahine dormitories
($37 per night)
studios (single or double occupancy) at Lincoln Hall ($52 per night)
Since the EWC is only holding a limited contingent of rooms for the IBS Symposium, conference participants are advised to make their reservations as soon as possible!
The Housing Office of the EWC has outlined the following reservation requirements:
1. Anyone interested in booking a room at Hale Manoa/Hale Kuahine or Lincoln Hall should contact the EWC Housing Office directly:
East West Center
1711 East-West Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96848-1711
Phone: +1 (808) 944-7805
Fax: +1 (808) 944-7790
2. The GROUP NAME under which EWC rooms for conference participants are being held is:
Brecht In/And Asia Call-In Group
3. Participants should identify themselves as attending the Brecht Symposium. Once the “call-in” status has been verified, the EWC Housing Office will immediately confirm rooms on a space available basis. An advance deposit of one night’s rent is required to confirm the reservation. In lieu of an advance deposit, MasterCard or Visa will be accepted and the account charged only if there is a cancellation charge.
4. Cancellation charges will be assessed based on the following cancellation notification schedule:
• 60 days or more: no charge
• 30-59 days: one night’s rent per room
• less than 30 days: two nights’ rent per room
5. All unreserved rooms will be released on 3/19/10. Thereafter rooms will be confirmed on a space available basis.
6. Although Lincoln Hall provides comfortable accommodations with private bathrooms, guest should be advised that rooms are not air-conditioned and that hotel-type services such as porters, room service, etc. are not available.
7. Hale Manoa/Hale Kuahine rooms are provided with bedding and linen, but no towels. A towel packet is sold in our vending machines for $5.
8. Lincoln Hall and Hale Kuahine desk hours are 8:00am to 8:00pm. After-hour arrivals and departures are processed at the Hale Manoa desk, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Check-in time: 2:00pm
• Check-out time: 10:00am
9. Coin operated washers and dryers are available for guest use.