Tel. (808) 956-6086, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., University of Hawaii at Manoa, 1977
- M.A., University of the Philippines, 1971
- B.A., Mindanao State University, Marawi City, 1969
Currently, Dr. Magdalena is Faculty Specialist at the Center for Philippine Studies and a faculty affiliate at the UH Manoa Asian Studies Program. His research specializations are on Mindanao, Islam, Philippine society and culture, and globalization of cultures.
- ASAN 491P: Islam in the Philippines
- ASAN 493: Globalization in Southeast Asia/Philippines
- SOC 316: Survey of Social Change
- SOC 100: Introductory Sociology
- PACE 485: Conflict & Peacemaking in Southeast Asia
- ‘Dabao-kuo and the Winning of Mindanao,” Mindanao Forum, Vol. 22 (June 2009), Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology.
- “Moro Province,” and “Mindanao” in The Encyclopedia of the Spanish-American and Philippine American Wars: A Political and Military History, ed. by Spencer C. Tucker. California: ABC-CLIO Publications, 2009 (co-author with Paul G. Pierpaoli, Jr.).
- The Battle of Bayang and Other Essays on Moroland. (Mindanao State University, 2002).
- Survey of Indigenous People’s Access to and Utilization of Early Childhood Services in Region XII-B, Mindanao. (Manila: World Bank and Dept. of Social Welfare and Development, 2001).
- “The Chinese in Moroland,” Mindanao Journal, 24 (MSU, 2001).
- “Linking the Moro Struggle and the Philippine Revolution,” Dansalan Quarterly, (Dansalan College, 2001): 48-53.
- Islamic Education in the Philippines: Trends, Patterns and Prospects.(MSU, 2000).
- “Philippine Politics and the Moro Question,” CSSH Graduate Research Journal, (MSU, 1999; from a paper presented to the international conference on State of Philippine Studies, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia, July 8-11, 1998).
- “The Peace Process in Mindanao: Problems and Prospects,”Southeast Asian Affairs 1997. (Singapore: ISEAS, 1997).
- “Population Growth and Changing Ecosystems in Mindanao,”Sojourn, Vol. 11 (Singapore: ISEAS, 1996).
- “Moros and Americans in the Philippines,” Philippine Studies,43 (Ateneo, 1996).
- Ethnicity, Identity and Conflict: The Case of the Philippine Moros.(Singapore: ISEAS, 1995).
- Introduction to Computer Applications. (MSU, 1994).
- “Lake Lanao Operations,” “Moro Province,” “Moro Cotta,” “Robert Bullard,” and “Battle of Bayang” in The War of 1898, and U.S. Interventions, edited by Benjamin R. Beede. (New York: Garland Publishing, 1994).
- “Colonization and the Moro-Indio Conflict in Mindanao, Philippines,”Studies in Third World Societies, Vol. 48 (College of William & Mary, Virginia, USA, 1992).