American Studies home page

Declaring a Major

To declare your major, first make an appointment with the Undergraduate Chair to complete required paperwork and to talk about what the major is about. Before you declare your major, the Undergraduate Chair will sit down with you and explain the courses required for the BA degree, and the different options and opportunities open to our majors.

You will need to fill out a Declaration of Major Form, and have it signed by the Undergraduate Chair during this initial meeting.

You will need to submit your signed Declaration of Major Form to the College of Arts and Sciences Academic Advising Office at Queen Lili‘uokalani Center.

To declare a major in American Studies, you must have and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.