Dual Advising: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/advising/advising-partnership/
→ Our Colleges use what’s called “Dual Advising,” which means you have TWO ADVISORS:
• Your College Advisor (that’s us – see us first): We help you with almost everything – planning, General Education, registration, answering questions, tailoring your degree to ensure you get what you want … and we graduate you!
• Your Major Advisor in your declared major department (for Arts, Humanities, and Language majors, find the contact information here; for Physical Sciences majors, find the contact information here) They will help you with courses and opportunities in your major. Remember that instructional faculty are off duty in summer, but will be back to meet you the week before classes begin in August.
→ There are many advising and support services all over campus, but these two are your official academic advisors.
Initial Advising: https://manoa.hawaii.edu/advising/mpa/
→ Every incoming student needs to come in for an hour-long Initial Advising appointment, during which we will confirm your major, check your academic plan, and make sure you’re all set for the semester. We will also connect you to your Major Advisor.
• Incoming FRESHMEN can meet with a Mānoa Peer Advisor (a trained, experienced student) or an academic advisor;
• Incoming TRANSFER STUDENTS should meet with an academic advisor so we can check your Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) and your academic plan.
→ If you can’t come in for Initial Advising before your registration time, be sure to make an appointment before the July 21st Payment Deadline. The registration system closes after July 21st, and you won’t be able to adjust your registration again until it re-opens after July 26th.
Registration Guide: http://www.hawaii.edu/myuh/manoa/Fall_2017_Registration_Guide.pdf
→ The above link is to the all-important Fall 2017 Registration Guide, which is where you’ll find all the information you’ll need to register.
→ Incoming students are scheduled to register May 22 – 23 – be sure to check your STAR account to find your exact “time ticket” for registering. Throughout May, to prepare for registration, you can log in to get to know the system and to ‘pre-choose’ your courses. If you set everything up in advance, when your “time ticket” opens, you can simply hit “Submit Registration.”
→ You will be registering using the STAR GPS (the Graduation Pathway System), which is based on the major you chose on your application when you applied to UH Mānoa. STAR GPS is located in your MyUH Services: https://myuh.hawaii.edu/. If you would like to change your major or if you plan to pursue multiple majors and/or minors and certificates, be sure to contact us before registering.
→ If you have questions or need help registering, contact us.
→ Advising Center for AH/LLL
• Email: email@example.com – someone will reply within 24 hours on workdays
• Phone: 808-956-8755 – call for a same-day appointment starting at 8:45 am
• Website: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/advising/
• Office: QLC 113 (Queen Liliuokalani Center for Student Services at 2600 Campus Road) – see here for our hours
• Note: We will have limited services May 18-26 while we graduate our Spring 2017 class and take academic actions. We will re-open on Tuesday, May 30th; if you need an answer quickly, email firstname.lastname@example.org or come into QLC113 to work with our MPAs.
• Mānoa Peer Advisors: Our MPAs are well trained and can answer most questions; they can also help you register: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/advising/mpa/
→ STAR GPS tutorials and tech support