Will I have to take an entrance exam?

Most graduate schools and programs require applicants to take a standardized entrance exam and to report the scores as part of their application. The most commonly required exams are:

Exam Name Exam Info
Graduate Records Exam (GRE) www.gre.org
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) www.mba.com
Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST) www.ets.org/praxis/prxtest.html
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) www.ets.org/toefl

Contact both the graduate school and the graduate program; you may need to take a general test to apply to the graduate school, as well as a field-specific test to apply to the program.

UHM does not require an entrance exam for the campus-level application, but many individual programs at UHM require a specific entrance exam. Be sure to check program requirements carefully. All foreign students are required to take the TOEFL, unless their Bachelor degree was from an institution where an approved form of English was the official language of instruction.