Request transcripts from all schools you have ever attended.
- List all schools on your application; not only those schools where you received a degree.
- Send a transcript even for schools you attended only one term and made poor grades. This is important because, until all of your transcripts have been received, your application incomplete and will not be processed.
- Do not think you can simply avoid mentioning a school you attended, because any transcript showing your degree will have a record of your other schools.
- Request transcripts well in advance of deadlines: some schools take a long time to issue transcripts.
- Most colleges and universities now allow you request transcripts online.
- If you do not already have a copy of your transcripts, be sure to request a copy for your personal files. Your copy is for your own use only and cannot substitute for an official transcript, which must be sent directly from your old school to your prospective school.
Note: If you are applying to a UHM program you do not need to send transcripts for any courses you took in the UH system, as the UHM graduate division can access your records electronically.