A maximum of 80 scholarships of $10,000 annually ($5,000/semester) will be awarded by the Office of Admissions to high-achieving Hawaiʻi high school graduates. To be considered, students must meet the priority deadline for Fall admission, the Scholarship requirements, and be accepted to UH Mānoa. A separate application is required. Please review the requirements, application process, and term/renewal conditions.
Students meeting the following requirements are eligible to apply.
- Admitted as a classified full-time first-year freshman to UH Mānoa.
- A 3.5 cumulative high school grade point average as calculated by the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions.
- A 1600 SAT combined score or 25 ACT Composite score (including the writing section).
- Evidence of superior academic achievement or creative endeavor.
- Record of academic, co-curricular, and community service activities.
- Graduate from a Hawaiʻi high school.
Submit the following documents to the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions by January 5, 2013.
- UH Mānoa Undergraduate Application
- Scholarship Application [PDF]
- Submit a personal statement [PDF] explaining your academic plans and goals, and how they fit one or more of the core values of the University.
- A resume listing extra-curricular activities, community service, employment, special accomplishments, leadership roles, scholastic honors, or recognitions.
- Two letters of academic recommendation [PDF] from individuals knowledgeable of your academic performance and potential.
- Submit official high school transcript(s) and test scores to the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions.
A review of your application for the Mānoa Chancellor's Scholarship will not be undertaken until all required documents have been submitted. Please submit all required documents to the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions by January 5, 2013.
- The Scholarship is applicable towards the cost of tuition only and is awarded by semester. The Scholarship amount will be reduced if in combination with other merit or need-based aid, it exceeds the cost of tuition for that semester.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with the Regent's Scholarship, and/or the Centennial/Centennial Bonus Scholarship, and/or the John A. Burns School of Medicine Scholarship.
- Students must enroll in the Fall semester to which they have been admitted immediately following their high school graduation; deferment of the Scholarship to a future term will not be allowed.
- Students must register for, maintain, and complete a full-time credit load at UH Mānoa (minimum of 12 UHM credits; excluding AP, IB, or CLEP credits and repeated courses or backtracks) each semester and maintain a 3.3 cumulative grade point average in UH Mānoa courses each semester. This does not include courses offered through UH Mānoa’s Outreach College.
- Students must remain in good academic standing in terms of academic progress and student conduct.
- The Scholarship is offered for 8 consecutive semesters of continuous enrollment or until a bachelor's degree has been completed, whichever comes first. Once eligibility for renewal is lost, it cannot be regained.
- The acceptance form must be signed and submitted by the deadline indicated.
- The statement of intention to register and tuition deposit must be submitted by the deadline indicated.
- Acceptance of the Scholarship allows the University the right to publicize names of students who are Scholarship recipients.
- If you plan to participate in National Student Exchange (NSE) or Study Abroad (SA), or will be on an approved leave of absence please notify Financial Aid Services one semester prior to your exchange about your Scholarship.