Fall 2017 - Spring 2018
your journey as a Rainbow Warrior by following our checklist. Welcome to the Rainbow Warrior ʻohana. Hoʻomaikaʻi!
|SUBMIT YOUR TUITION DEPOSIT|
|CREATE YOUR MYUH ACCOUNT|
|PAYING FOR COLLEGE|
|APPLY FOR STUDENT HOUSING|
|SUBMIT HEALTH CLEARANCE|
|SUBMIT FINAL DOCUMENTS|
|PREPARE YOUR SCHEDULE|
|ADVISOR CONTACT INFORMATION [PDF]|
Gain insight and a first-hand Rainbow Warrior experience on a guided campus tour with our very own Rainbow Warrior students. Before the tour, you will participate in an information session hosted by an admissions counselor. We offer tours and information sessions daily, Monday through Friday. For more information and special hotel and airfare rates offered through our hotel and travel partners, visit manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions/undergrad/visit.
Fall Deadline: May 1
Spring Deadline: November 1
Confirm your attendance at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa by submitting your $200 tuition deposit online. Visit manoa.hawaii.edu/deposit and submit your tuition deposit.
Create your MyUH account by visiting myuh.hawaii.edu so we can start keeping in touch with you. You must first create your UH username (click on “Get A UH Username”), and then follow directions prompted on the website.
Your MyUH account gives you access to the following:
- Gmail (your UH Mānoa email account)
- MyUH portal (access your account information, including financial aid & class registration)
- STAR Database (track your progress towards graduation, transfer credits, search & apply for scholarships)
- SECE (look for on-campus employment and more)
- Laulima (communicate with your professors and complete class assignments)
Apply for financial aid & scholarships
FAFSA Deadline: February 1
Consider this a lifelong investment for your future. Help finance your journey by applying for financial aid, which includes grants, scholarships*, federal work-study, and loans. To apply, submit a Free Application for Student Assistance (FAFSA) by February 1, or as soon as possible. The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa’s Federal School Code is: 001610.
- New Warrior Scholarships - January 15
- STAR Database Scholarships - February 15
- University of Hawaiʻi System Scholarships - March 1
Fall Deadline: August 30
Spring Deadline: January 17
In August, you must first check your MyUH account to see your tuition bill and other costs to attend UH Mānoa. Please note UH Mānoa will not mail you a bill, you check online for your costs. You may pay your bill online, by mail, or in person. If you have applied for financial aid, and received an award (also viewable via MyUH), we will reflect your financial aid on your bill. Payment plans are available. For more information on how to sign up for a tuition payment plan, visit the MyUH tutorial website: myuhinfo.hawaii.edu/page/registration. All balances must be paid, or have signed up for a payment plan by the deadline.
Fall Deadline: May 1
Spring Deadline: December 1
If you are interested in living on campus, you must submit the housing application by visiting manoa.hawaii.edu/housing. To begin the application process, you will need the following:
- UH ID Number (found on your acceptance letter)
- MyUH email account (see #3, Create your MyUH Account)
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- After your application is complete, a housing contract will be delivered to your MyUH email account
- A $400 housing deposit must be submitted to the Student Housing office by the date specified in your contract offer
- Your housing contract will provide details on deposit payment, type of room, and name of your residential hall
You are required to purchase a meal plan each semester if you live in Hale Anuenue, Frear Hall, Gateway House, and Hale Aloha Towers. You are automatically enrolled in the “Select 10,” a 10-meal per week plan that can be changed should you want more meals per week. If you are a commuter student or a student in the on-campus apartments, you do not have to purchase a meal plan, but do have the option if you choose.
For more information on meal plans, visit uhm.sodexomyway.com/dining-plans.
Fall Deadline: July 15
Spring Deadline: December 2
We want to make sure all of our Rainbow Warriors are in fighting shape. Please submit your health clearance form to University Health Services, which we included in your acceptance packet. You can also find it online at hawaii.edu/shs/health_clearance. All students must complete the tuberculosis requirement to register for classes.
- MMR - 2 doses - Submit your Measles/Mumps/Rubeola vaccination record or the results of an antibody test administered by a licensed healthcare professional
- Tuberculosis Test - Submit your results from a TB test administered by a licensed healthcare professional
Before you become a full-fledged Rainbow Warrior, you must submit your final documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Final official high school and/or college transcripts (with final grades)
- Official test scores
2600 Campus Road, 001 QLC, Honolulu, HI 96822
Fall Deadline: July 29
Spring Deadline: Please see your academic advisor
Every Warrior’s journey has a path. For Fall Semester, get an early start on creating your class schedule through ACE or STAR. Visit manoa.hawaii.edu/star to begin creating your class schedule.
- ACE: Think freshman interest groups - these are grouped classes based on your major and will be experienced alongside 15 other students. This is a great way to meet new friends, too!
- STAR: Think a la carte - these are non-grouped classes based on your major.
For Spring Semester, please see your academic advisor regarding your schedule.
Deadline: Consult with advisor
Some Warriors may have additional tests that they must complete prior to beginning their journey. You may contact your academic advisor if required to take a placement test. Both MyUH portal and STAR will prompt students if a placement exam is required.
- Math (available online)
- Chemistry (available online)
ACT College Code: 0902
We offer a variety of options to help you transition into the Rainbow Warrior Way. More information about these programs will be communicated through your MyUH email account.
- One-Day Freshman/Transfer Orientation Program: Primarily for students who live on the island of Oʻahu, although the invite is open to all who will be on island the day of the event.
- Week Of Welcome (WOW): Primarily for students who are out-of-state, neighbor island, and international; WOW coincides with your residence hall check-in. Get ready to move-in and enjoy a week of activities to get you orientated.
- Unable to attend either? If you are living in the residence halls, they will have orientation type activities for you to participate in as well. Please check the Mānoa Move-In site (when available) for information on your move-in dates.