Looking to make a change or take the next step after community college? The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (UHM) may be the place for you. We welcome you to explore all UHM has to offer. To find out more about admissions, transfer credits, campus resources, and much more, click on the links provided below.
If you are currently or were previously enrolled at a college or university other than UHM and have completed 24 or more transferable credits, or completed at least 12 semester transferable credits and have at least 12 semester transferable credits in progress, you are considered a transfer applicant. To find out more, carefully review the transfer admissions process and the process on how to apply online or by paper application.
Transferring in Credits
If you intend to transfer into UHM with credits, please look over the attached links to get a sense of how to use resources to determine how your credits would transfer into UHM.
- How to use resources to determine transfer equivalency
- FAQs to Transfer Equivalency
- Timeline for Receiving Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Terms to Know
Once you receive your transfer credit evaluation, you can follow the process outlined in this slideshow to learn about the General Education requirements and determine what to take for your first semester.
Tuition and Fees
In this area you will find the links to important information regarding tuition, fees, payment deadlines, refunds, and financial options (i.e. financial aid resources).
Deadlines and Policies
It is important for all students to be familiar with the deadlines and policies of UHM. Be aware these may differ depending upon your campus (UHM deadlines often differ from those in place at other UH System campuses), and/or your College or School within UHM. If you are unsure of the deadline in place, check with your College/School advisor.
- Payment Deadlines
- Semester Deadlines (Add, Drop, Withdrawal, Refund)
- Transfer Student Policies
- Transfer Credit Limit on Non-UH System 2-Year Institutions & Other Notable Restrictions on Transfer Credits
* some departments may have additional limits on non-UHM credits that can be used for major requirements. Check with your major department to confirm
- Student Policies (UH Email, FERPA, Student Conduct Code & Academic Grievance Procedures)
In college, much of what you learn about, who you are, and who you want to be takes place outside the classroom. UHM provides you with opportunities to help you grow academically, personally, and socially. The link below introduces you to what UHM has to offer.